VCGS aims to deliver quality clinical genetics services.
Our service objectives:
- Respectful, empathic, supportive and caring approach by health professionals.
- Effective communication that facilitates knowledge, clarifies expectations and is responsive to clients’ questions.
- Trusting environment that protects privacy and confidentiality.
- Staff who are accredited and able to provide accurate information.
- Clinical genetic services that conform to Practice Standards.
Your feedback contributes to our quality management. If you have concerns or complaints about our service delivery, we will ensure they are addressed.
Clients of VCGS have a right to have any concerns about the service they have received investigated, and to receive information about the direction and progress of their treatment and investigations.
It is the policy of VCGS to ensure a uniform complaint procedure and to assist clients to have their complaints dealt with promptly. All complaints will be reviewed by the Clinical Quality Liaison Officer who will co-ordinate a response and provide feedback to clients. Suggestions for improvement of services arising from the complaint will be considered.
What to do if you have a complaint
- If you feel comfortable, make further contact with the staff member to discuss any concerns that you have.
- If this is not satisfactory make contact with the Clinical Quality Liaison Officer who will make an appointment at a mutually convenient time.
- Discuss your complaint/concerns with the Clinical Quality Liaison Officer. This will be treated confidentially at all times.
- Your concerns will be documented and kept in a confidential file.
- Consider what you would like to happen to resolve your issue.
- The Clinical Quality Liaison Officer will also independently talk to the staff member concerned.
- A letter will be sent to you outlining what has been done.
- If the details of a particular complaint indicate a need to review VCGS policy or practice in a particular area of the service, appropriate changes may be made to improve our service in the future.
Clinical Quality Liaison Officer Contact Details:
Ms Lisette Curnow
Victorian Clinical Genetics Services
Royal Children's Hospital
Parkville Vic 3052
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +61 3 8341 6250
Fax: +61 3 8341 6390