VCGS aims to deliver quality clinical genetics services.
Our service objectives:
- Respectful, empathic, supportive and caring approach by health professionals.
- Effective communication that facilitates knowledge, clarifies expectations and is responsive to clients’ questions.
- Trusting environment that protects privacy and confidentiality.
- Staff who are accredited and able to provide accurate information.
- Clinical genetic services that conform to Practice Standards.
Your feedback contributes to our quality management. If you have concerns or complaints about our service delivery, we will ensure they are addressed.
Please see our Consumer Feedback Form below.
Tell us what we do well or how we could improve
If you have had a good experience with VCGS, please let us know, we appreciate knowing you are happy with the service and care we have provided.
Your feedback about any aspect of our service is important to us and will be treated confidentially.
Clients of VCGS have a right to have any concerns about the service they have received investigated, and to receive information about the direction and progress of their treatment and investigations.
It is the policy of VCGS to ensure a uniform complaint procedure and to assist clients to have their complaints dealt with promptly. All complaints will be reviewed by the Clinical Quality Liaison Officer who will co-ordinate a response and provide feedback to clients. Suggestions for improvement of services arising from the complaint will be considered.
What to do if you have a complaint
- If you feel comfortable, make further contact with the staff member to discuss any concerns that you have.
- If this is not satisfactory, contact the Clinical Quality Liaison Officer on (03) 8341 6201, if they are unable to take your call immediately, they will contact you to make an appointment at a mutually convenient time.
- Discuss your complaint/concerns with the Clinical Quality Liaison Officer. This will be treated confidentially at all times.
- Your concerns will be documented and kept in a confidential file.
- Consider what you would like to happen to resolve your issue.
- The Clinical Quality Liaison Officer will also independently talk to the staff member concerned.
- A letter will be sent to you outlining what has been done.
- If the details of a particular complaint indicate a need to review VCGS policy or practice in a particular area of the service, appropriate changes may be made to improve our service in the future.
Clinical Quality Liaison Officer
Victorian Clinical Genetics Services
Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
Parkville, Victoria, 3052
Phone: +61 3 8341 6201
Fax: +61 3 8341 6390
Sometimes a complaint cannot be resolved under our governance framework. In these rare situatiuons, we refer our consumers to the Office of the Health Complaints Commissioner [cited 2017 April 28].