Acute Care Genomics delivers ultra-rapid genomic testing for critically ill patients in intensive care who have suspected genetic conditions.
Following the conclusion of the successful Australian Genomics/Genomics Health Futures Mission Acute Care Genomics (ACG) research project, this ultra-rapid genomic testing, with a turnaround time of five days or less, is now available through VCGS as a routine clinical service.
- VCGS will accept high acuity referrals from hospitals and services that were part of the ACG research network.
- New referral sites can be registered by contacting us at [email protected]
- We strongly encourage the engagement of local clinical genetics services in the care of the patient. VCGS can provide additional advice as required.
- Referring clinical services are responsible for the following:
- Funding- appropriate local payment approval and billing details must be provided with the order.
- Sample collection and preparation for sending- VCGS will facilitate sample shipping via rapid courier services.
Testing can be initiated online. You need to complete:
- an electronic test request
- an e-consent process with your patient or their guardian
See our printable flyer with QR code for mobile test requests.
TRIO Whole Genome Sequencing (child and two biological parents)
$15,000 (ex GST) - includes shipping when arranged via VCGS courier.
5 days or less from receipt of all samples and documentation (including request, clinical information, informed consent and billing details).
Please contact our genomics clinical liaison team for any questions.
E [email protected]
P 1300 118 247
Fresh EDTA blood samples from the child and parents are required
Child: 1-2 ml (0.5 ml minimum)
Adult: 2-5ml (1ml minimum)