Saliva sampling is a quick and painless method of sample collection for DNA based testing.
It is particularly useful for patients with behavioural disorders such as autism spectrum disorders and is also ideal in remote and rural settings and where blood collection is difficult.
Saliva sampling can be used for any age group, including neonates and can be used for cascade (family) testing. Sampling is simple, takes approximately 20 seconds, is stable at room temperature, and has equal test performance to blood.
VCGS provides saliva collection kits and reply paid packaging at no cost. Simply complete the form below.
Saliva sampling can be used for the following tests:
- Paediatric microarray (molecular karyotype)
- Next Generation Sequencing tests (eg Clinical Exomes, NGS panels)*
- Sanger sequencing including segregation studies*
- Fragile X syndrome
- Prader-Willi and Angelman Syndromes
- CMT1A and HNPP
- Cystic fibrosis
- Spinal muscular atrophy
prepair™ Reproductive Genetic Carrier Screening
* Sample must be collected by referring clinician